Problems with replication

Nic Bernstein nic at onlight.com
Sun May 17 21:04:33 EDT 2015

On 05/17/2015 07:56 PM, plate at bibliothek.uni-kassel.de wrote:
> Hi,
> [...]
>> Looks to me that you are running imap server on port 2005, not the sync
>> server. Try telneting to port 2005 on the replica.
>>
>> You should see something like:
>>
>> Connected to replica.
>> Escape character is '^]'.
>> * SASL PLAIN
>> * STARTTLS
>> * COMPRESS DEFLATE
>> * OK replica Cyrus sync server v2.4.17
> now I seet it, too. My other install is answering like the above.
>
> But I can't see the error; syncserver is configured like this in
> /etc/cyrus.conf:
>
> syncserver       cmd="/usr/lib/cyrus/bin/sync_server" listen="csync"
>
> This is strange - anyone with a Debian 8, too ?

Have you got csync defined in /etc/services?

    csync        2005/tcp            # Cyrus IMAP replication

But perhaps the more salient question would be; if the IMAP server is
listening on 2005, have you got imap misdefined in /etc/services?

Cheers,
     -nic

Nic Bernstein                             nic at onlight.com
Onlight llc.                              www.onlight.com
219 N. Milwaukee St., Ste. 2A	          v. 414.272.4477
Milwaukee, Wisconsin  53202		  f. 414.290.0335