cyrus-imapd with lmtpd + postfix slow delivery with group email ids

jayesh.shinde jayesh.shinde at netcore.co.in
Thu May 14 01:42:44 EDT 2015

Hi ,
Please suggest , for faster delivery  what could be the best config  in postfix + cyrus-imapd .
I am using the cyrus-imapd-2.4.17-6.el6.x86_64 for mailbox server and for smtp server postfix-2.10.0-1.el6.x86_64
 Both server have SAS hdd , 16 core , 16 GB RAM .  There is no i/o issues
Mailbox server have  21K email ids.  Cyrus running with  tcp socket on port 24 i.e lmtpd .  cyrus singleinstance is maintained
For group id mapping is under virtual_alias_maps of smtp's main.cf  i.e no /etc/aliases. From smtp server emails are getting deliver by transport_maps to mailbox server .
My problem observe :--
--------------------------
1) When HOD send email to 3-5 big group  email ids then , then its postfix delivery get slow. What I observe is postfix getting delivered the traffic per email and not parallel.   Each group contain 3k or 7k email ids.
In peak hours the queue on postfix get high and other normal emails also getting stuck in queue. Once the group email get clear after that other emails also get clear.
With the help previous post and google I have made few changes as follows , I current config as follows
in mailbox cyrus.conf :-- lmtp  cmd="lmtpd -a" listen="lmtp" prefork=0
in main.cf of smtp server :--
lmtp_destination_concurrency_limit = 100
lmtp_destination_recipient_limit = 0
Kindly suggest whether its correct or any other changes require.
Regards
Jayesh Shinde