The admins key on imapd.conf

Niels Dettenbach nd at syndicat.com
Tue Mar 10 15:25:50 EDT 2015

Am Dienstag, 10. März 2015, 17:48:44 schrieb Manuel Vazquez:
> I understand by the official documentation,this users described there are
> can see the mailboxes of the all the users present in the server.
>
> Do it is correct?
Beside this, the admin user(s) are able to create mailboxes / folders and
maintaining access rights and quotas including delete folders after setting
the appropiate rights to it.

It is important to understand the role of the admin user - without i assume it
would be nearly impossible to set up and maintain a cyrus setup.

You are able to define one or more (space seperated - like: "cyrus: usera
userb") cyrus imap user names here as admin users (means the users must still
exist for/in cyrus - the directive just gives "admin rights" to them).

hth a bit,
cheerioh,

Niels.

 Niels Dettenbach