change to UNIX hierarchy

Stephen Ingram sbingram at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 21:12:30 EDT 2015

Since we support Kerberos, we use standard usernames on our system without
any domain endings and we also use the Alternate namespace. This being the
case, can we turn on UNIX hierarchy without any changes in the user's mail
client or the filesystem itself? From the documentation, it looks like the
only change would be in the management of the mailboxes (cyradm) where we
would now use a "/" instead of a ".". For instance, the cyradm command: cm
user/john/Sent instead of cm user.john.Sent. Am I correct or off base here?

Steve