Question about moving mailboxes between partitions

Egoitz Aurrekoetxea egoitz at ramattack.net
Mon Jun 15 09:54:58 EDT 2015

Hi Bron!

> El 13/6/2015, a las 1:21, Bron Gondwana <brong at fastmail.fm> escribió:
>
> On Fri, Jun 12, 2015, at 05:15 PM, Egoitz Aurrekoetxea wrote:
>>

>>> Best regards,
>>> ----
>>> Cyrus Home Page: http://www.cyrusimap.org/
>>> To Unsubscribe:
>>

>> Anyone who could confirm this :) :) ?? Bron?? :)
>
> Correct - replication can only be to the same-named partition on the destination server.  Replicas are supposed to have identical layout to masters.

I have not seen that…

Assuming mailbox is now in mailstore1…

When you do a renm user/__________ at ___.____ renm user/__________ at ___.____ mailstore2

it moves to mailstore2 in the server you’re issuing the rename mailbox…. but it does not translate too in the slave automatically due to a renm in the master to mailstore2 too in the slave…. perhaps is
something wrong here in this version or… ¿? I mean it’s just moved to mailstore2 on the master… not on the slave till you for example stop the replication (for avoid accesses there) and issue a renm in the slave too…..

Does it really send partition name when sending commands in the replication??? or just sais to the slave…. APPEND, MAILBOX… etc… to mailbox X ?

> (this might be something we can change after 3.0, but it's never going to be changed in the 2.3 series)

We will be updating in some not long future…. yes….

> Bron.

Thanks a lot Bron!!