Cyrus murder auth issue

Dan White dwhite at olp.net
Tue Jul 28 13:53:16 EDT 2015

On 07/28/15 16:37 +0000, Forster, Gabriel wrote:
>Hello,
>
>This was asked in the Kolab list, but they mentioned this list may be more appropriate:
>
>Trying to get Kolab 3.4 setup in a distrubuted environment. The last piece of the puzzle seems to be getting Cyrus configured correctly for a murder environement. Currently, only using 1 frontend and one backend.
>
>mupdatetest and testsaslauthd checks seem to work fine. But, when trying to create a user account using the command-line cyradm tools, from the backend, I'm getting the following error:
>

>cyradm -t "" -u kolab -w "${password}" ${cyrus_host}
>
>verify error:num=18:self signed certificate
>
>> cm user/kolab3test
>
>verify error:num=18:self signed certificate
>
>Invalid user at /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl/Cyrus/IMAP/Admin.pm line 118
>
>cyradm: cannot authenticate to [redacted.fqdn.backend.server]
>

>and directly from the frontend:
>
>> cm user/kolab3test
>
>Password:
>
>IMAP Password:
>
>              Invalid user at /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl/Cyrus/IMAP/Admin.pm line 118
>
>cyradm: cannot authenticate to [redacted.fqdn.backend.server]
>

>/var/log/messages on the backend only shows "perl: No worthy mechs found"
>
>and /var/log/maillog says:
>
> imap[27001]: SASL bad userid authenticated
>
>imap[27001]: badlogin: [redacted.fqdn.frontend.server] [10.2.1.26] PLAIN [SASL(-13): authentication failure: bad userid authenticated]

Check your auth facility syslog (e.g. /var/log/auth.log) as well.

Verify your configuration with:

http://cyrusimap.org/docs/cyrus-imapd/2.5.4/install-murder.php

For further assistance, provide redacted copies of your /etc/imapd.conf,
/etc/cyrus.conf, and saslauthd.conf (if existing) files for both the
frontent and backend servers.

--
Dan White