force relication to all mailboxes

Marcus Schopen lists at localguru.de
Fri Jul 24 06:55:28 EDT 2015

Hi Bron,

Am Sonntag, den 19.07.2015, 18:19 -0700 schrieb Bron Gondwana:
> On Sun, Jul 19, 2015, at 12:49, Marcus Schopen wrote:
> > Am Sonntag, den 19.07.2015, 18:16 +0200 schrieb Marcus Schopen:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I set a cyrus (2.4.12 / Ubuntu 12.04 LTS) with existing mailboxes in
> > > replication with an cyrus (2.4.12 / Ubuntu 12.04 LTS). Replication works
> > > fine, but a sync of existing mailboxes is only triggered on by new
> > > incoming mails to inboxes or by changes inside subfolders. How to I
> > > force an initial replication of all mailboxes including subfolders from
> > > the master to the replica?
> >
> > Calling sync_client for each mailbox works fine:
> >
> >  sync_client -S imapsync.server -v -u mailboxname
> >
> > Any better ways?
>
> There will be '-A' in the future, but it's not available in LTS.  You can script
> it up with something that uses cyr_dbtool or ctl_mboxlist to get a listing.

For understanding: after a restart of a replica the way to get master
und replica fully in sync again is to start the syn_cclient on master
and call "sync_client -S imapsync.server -v -u mailboxname" for each
mailbox, right?

And are there any scripts available to check if master and replica
storage completely in sync or mails are missing?

Ciao
Marcus