lmtp authentication ignored with tls enabled

Marcus Schopen lists at localguru.de
Mon Jul 20 13:15:14 EDT 2015

Hi Dan,

Am Montag, den 20.07.2015, 08:33 -0500 schrieb Dan White:
> It appears you may be performing sasl EXTERNAL authentication. Your
> auth-facility syslog should confirm that.

How do I do that?

> Configuring a restricted mechanism list would prevent that from happening:
>
> lmtp_sasl_mech_list: digestmd5

I set "lmtp_sasl_mech_list: DIGEST-MD5" to imapd.conf.

--------
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 roz Cyrus LMTP v2.4.12-Debian-2.4.12-2 server ready
lhlo e
250-roz
250-8BITMIME
250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
250-PIPELINING
250-SIZE
250-STARTTLS
250-AUTH DIGEST-MD5
250 IGNOREQUOTA
--------

But has no effect. As soon as tls is actived, mails are delivered
without using LMTP_AUTH.

Ciao!