Documentation update

Shaheen Bakhtiar shashaness at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 2 22:07:17 EDT 2015

Hi all,

Not sure where to report this the #irc channel recommended I reach out here.

The Fedora documentation bellow seems out of date as of at least Fedora Core 18 (Currently 22) .

https://docs.cyrus.foundation/imap/installation/distributions/fedora.html

yum has been replaced with dnf as of FC18[1]

yum install cyrus-imapd cyrus-sasl cyrus-sasl-plain
should be
dnf install cyrus-imapd cyrus-sasl cyrus-sasl-plain

and service and chkconfig have been replaced with systemctl[2]

# service saslauthd start
Starting saslauthd:                                        [  OK  ]
# chkconfig saslauthd on
should be

# systemctl enable cyrus-imapd
# systemctl start cyrus-imapd

I’m going to be upgrading / re-installing a FC22 server, I’ll be more than happy to update the documents or submit updates as needed. Just let me know

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/DNF
[2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Systemd

On Jul 2, 2015, at 3:59 PM, Bron Gondwana <brong at fastmail.fm> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 3, 2015, at 08:52 AM, Bron Gondwana wrote:
>>

>> On Thu, Jul 2, 2015, at 12:25 PM, Shaw, Brian wrote:
>>> Jul  1 21:52:15 mail-server postfix/lmtp[12036]: EB0C1E5B11:
>>> to=<user at example.com>, relay=mail-server[/var/lib/imap/socket/lmtp],
>>> delay=32177, delays=32169/6/2.6/0.02, dsn=4.3.0, status=deferred (host