Auto create folders

Nic Bernstein nic at onlight.com
Mon Jan 26 13:48:02 EST 2015

On 01/26/2015 11:30 AM, Andrew Morgan wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Jan 2015, John Mok wrote:
>
>> Hi Andy,
>>
>> Thank you for your prompt reply.
>>
>>> How do you create mailboxes now?
>> I used cyradm and createmailbox, e.g. createmailbox
>> user/username at DOMAIN, to create mailboxes.
>>
>> Any idea how to create folder in cyradm? Simply createmailbox
>> user/username at DOMAIN/spam, and then set ACL permissions for
>> user/username at DOMAIN/spam ?
> Yes, that's exactly what you need to do!

Actually, unless you need something out of the ordinary, you can skip
setting the ACL for the child mailbox, as it will inherit from its
parent (from the docs page
http://cyrusimap.org/docs/cyrus-imapd/2.4.17/overview.php#acl ):

    Initial ACLs for Newly Created Mailboxes
    When a mailbox is created, its ACL starts off with a copy of the ACL
    of its closest parent mailbox. When a user is created, the ACL on
    the user's INBOX starts off with a single entry granting all rights
    to the user. When a non-user mailbox is created and does not have a
    parent, its ACL is initialized to the value of the "defaultacl"
    option in "/etc/imapd.conf"

    Note that some rights are available implicitly, for example
    'anonymous' always has 'p' on user INBOXes, and users always have
    rights on mailboxes within their INBOX hierarchy.

Cheers,
     -nic

Nic Bernstein                             nic at onlight.com
Onlight, Inc.                             www.onlight.com
219 N. Milwaukee St., Suite 2a            v. 414.272.4477
Milwaukee, Wisconsin  53202