Using Roundcube with cyrus?

Patrick Goetz pgoetz at mail.utexas.edu
Tue Feb 3 10:42:59 EST 2015

On 2/3/2015 7:54 AM, marty wrote:

> Yes - but as my webmail interface is on the same box as the cyrus
> server, I've got cyrus to 'listen' on localhost:imap only, and
> roundcube connects over the loopback interface to cyrus.

I do have roundcube installed on the same host as cyrus, but the vast
majority of connections to the cyrus server are from Thunderbird from
hosts that can be located anywhere.  This is why I turned unencrypted
plain text passwords off.  In a previous installation, I was still
allowing users to connect with unencrypted passwords, which simplified
the Roundcube install considerably.