Using Roundcube with cyrus?

Niels Dettenbach nd at syndicat.com
Tue Feb 3 08:51:46 EST 2015

Am Dienstag, 3. Februar 2015, 07:20:46 schrieb Patrick Goetz:
> Question:  is it really necessary to turn virtual domains on to get PHP
> webmail authentication to work, or is there another way to do this?
No,
we use it without virtual domains too.

> Related question:  what are people using for webmail these days?  I was
> shocked to see that php-horde isn't even packaged for Arch linux.
hmm, any kind of (from roundcube, squirrelmail, Horde5 IMP and many others
incl. PIM / Groupware solutions out) - roundcube is one (relatively famous)
option of.

Horde has it's own packaging / update mechanism since Horde5 (which makes
sense in many horde scenarios today - i.e. Horde virtual and multi hosting) -
see Horde website for details. Horde5 is really cool and a big step forward
compared to Horde 3/4 in my opinion - but if you just need webmail, Horde 5
IMP alone still may be much more then enough ß)...

We offer roundcube, squirrel and Horde5 to our users in parallel att., because
any of them offer SIEVE access and there are PGP/GnuPG / S/MIME modules
available.

just my two cents...

Niels.
 Niels Dettenbach