Cyrus::IMAP::Admin seems to be missing a close method

Christian Spann christian.spann at uni-ulm.de
Tue Dec 22 12:19:29 EST 2015

Hello,

I am using Cyrus::IMAP::Admin perl module to connect to a Cyrus server
in order to manage user accounts. We do not reuse connections but reopen
a new handler instance and thus a new connection via Cyrus::IMAP::Admin
to Cyrus for each user modification task.

When handling a serious batch of users this approach results in an
too-many-open files exception after a while because we found no way to
close a Cyrus::IMAP::Admin object after the handler has finished
managing one account and the connections start dangling around without
being closed.

Has anyone maybe an idea or hint how this problem could be fixed? A
simple approach would be to have a close method in Cyrus::IMAP::Admin
but this would take a while to diverge into stable versions of the code.

Best regards and Merry Christmas to all who celebrate it,

Christian Spann