Cyrus aggregate compatibility.

Michael D. Sofka sofkam at rpi.edu
Mon Apr 20 16:23:07 EDT 2015

We currently have:

       Cyrus Front-End servers running 2.2.12
       Cyrus Back-End running 2.3.16

I have built a new back-end server running 2.4.17.

I plan on adding the new, 2.4 server, to the aggregate, and move all the
mailboxes.  I would rather not upgrade the front-end servers, since they
are be retired (and replaced by perdition or nginx).  This move
motivated by the status of the old SAN disks.

I know that there is a NOSELECT issue, but any shared folders will be
moved as a group.  Are there other issues?

Specifically, is the proxy/mupdate protocol compatible?

I'm ready to add the new back-end to the aggregate, and run some tests.
  Thought it might be good to ask here first.

Thank You.

Mike

Michael D. Sofka               sofkam at rpi.edu
C&MT Sr. Systems Programmer,   Email, TeX, Epistemology
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY.  http://www.rpi.edu/~sofkam/