High Availability

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Mon Apr 20 02:58:23 EDT 2015

On Mon, Apr 20, 2015, at 04:32 PM, Lalot Dominique wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We used cyrus for many years and switch to a proprietary system. We
> are juste looking back to cyrus. I would like to know the status of
> cyrus and HA: This documentation seems to consider that replication is
> edge..
> http://cyrusimap.org/docs/cyrus-imapd/2.4.9/install-replication.php
> and it has been written in 2007
>
> *Note that Cyrus replication is still relatively young in the
grand scheme of things, and if you choose to deploy you are doing so at
your own risk. *

Yeah, that's pretty ancient.

> Is there somewhere a documentation, an howto for HA (proxies, murder
> and replication) Thanks

So I'll be talking about this in a couple of weeks if you want to make
your way over to The Hague :)

https://conference.kolab.org/kolab-summit/sessions/cyrus-imapd-past-current-and-future

The short version: replication in 2.4/2.5 is very stable. We're using it
at FastMail and have been in production for about 5 years now.

It doesn't integrate very well with murder yet though. We don't use
murder at FastMail.

My plan in the short to medium term is to merge replication/murder into
a general better HA system. I'd be very interested in having test cases
:) (as well as FastMail moving to it)

Bron.

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm