group acl with winbind

Luca Olivetti luca at wetron.es
Tue Apr 7 11:50:11 EDT 2015

El 07/04/15 a les 17:31, Dan White ha escrit:

>> localhost> sam m_sist group:m_sist lrw
>> setaclmailbox: group:m_sist: lrw: Invalid identifier
>> localhost>
>
> Could this be a permissions problem? Can the cyrus user successfully
> execute the getent command?

Yes, it can

$ sudo su -s /bin/bash cyrus
$ whoami
cyrus
$ getent group | grep m_sist
m_sist:x:674:ojeda,luca,calmet,rafa,oscar

> Presumably your auth_mech is set to the default (unix), which is not
> scalable, and has caused serious performance issues for me in the past.
> See:
>
> http://cyrusimap.org/docs/cyrus-imapd/2.4.17/overview.php#aclauth
>
> If your group information is exposed over an LDAP backend, consider using
> pts.

I'm aware of that, but I have not that many active users and it's not
been a problem until now. Besides, that would force me to change the
group acls (auth_unix is the only one using the group: prefix AFAIK).

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Wetron Automation Technology http://www.wetron.es