Problem with quota

Nic Bernstein nic at onlight.com
Sat Apr 4 12:01:52 EDT 2015

On 04/04/2015 09:02 AM, Patrick Boutilier wrote:
>> Quoting Simon Matter <simon.matter at invoca.ch>, Sat, 04 Apr 2015:
>>
>>> I guess that's because of single instance store. It's not a bug then
>>> but a
>>> feature if "duplicatesuppression: 1". Duplicate messages are
>>> hardlinked on
>>> disk, they don't consume space there, but are still calculated in quota
>>> usage.
>
> Isn't that singleinstancestore:1 ? duplicatesuppression is where lmtpd
> will suppress delivery of a message to a mailbox if a message with the
> same message-id (or resent-message-id) is recorded as having already
> been delivered to the mailbox.

Yes Patrick, you're correct.  However there is a connection, in that
singleinstancestore requires the duplicate DB in order to do its work,
so people often conflate the two.

Cheers,
     -nic

Nic Bernstein                             nic at onlight.com
Onlight llc.                              www.onlight.com
219 N. Milwaukee St., Ste. 2A	          v. 414.272.4477
Milwaukee, Wisconsin  53202		  f. 414.290.0335