PATCH for lmtp was [frontend lmtp connections to mupdate master]

Michael Menge michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Mon Sep 29 11:47:53 EDT 2014

Hi,

Quoting Wesley Craig <wescraig at gmail.com>:

> On 29 Sep 2014, at 10:08, Michael Menge
> <michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de> wrote:
>> thanks for your mail. By any chance do you still have the patch?
>
> In fact, I don't.  Dusting off my notes, I recall now that instead
> of patching this (bogus) code, we instead decided to configure the
> frontends as "unified", while leaving the backends "standard".  The
> only downside of this approach was that a naive admin could
> potentially create a user's mailbox on a frontend.
>
> Sorry I said that we ported that code forward: in fact we simply got
> the effect of consulting mailboxes.db without porting forward.
>
> :wes

I have patched my lmtpd to use the local mailbox.db in all cases,
unified Murder, and standalone cyrus already did this.
I tested it with a few testmails on my test system,
but as i don't have a unified setup or a standalone test system
at the moment i didn't test these setups.

I would appreciate a review.

Regards,

    Michael Menge

M.Menge                                Tel.: (49) 7071/29-70316
Universität Tübingen                   Fax.: (49) 7071/29-5912
Zentrum für Datenverarbeitung          mail:
michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Wächterstraße 76
72074 Tübingen