frontend lmtp connections to mupdate master

Michael Menge michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Fri Sep 26 10:50:21 EDT 2014

Hi Fabio,

Quoting "Fabio S. Schmidt" <fabio at improve.inf.br>:

> Hi Michael,
>
> I would suggest you to read this documentation:
> http://www.cyrusimap.org/mediawiki/index.php/Cyrus_Murder_Mail_Delivery

thanks for the link, i have not seen this document before.

> It is possible to change the delivery to use the local mailbox
> database from the frontends when using Cyrus Aggregator. We have
> already implemented it on our environment and it works very well. In
> this scenario, the messages deliveries do not load the Mupdate master
> and in a case of failure of the Master the messages will continue to
> be delivered, so only the change operations from the Backends will be
> unavailable.

The link to the UMich patch is borken. Did you use the UMich patch?
Can you send me your patch?
Can/should this be included in Cyrus Imapd 2.5.x

Regards

    Michael

M.Menge                                Tel.: (49) 7071/29-70316
Universität Tübingen                   Fax.: (49) 7071/29-5912
Zentrum für Datenverarbeitung          mail:
michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Wächterstraße 76
72074 Tübingen