cyrus/chk_cyrus found messages and deleted messages differs on master and slave

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Tue Sep 16 17:59:59 EDT 2014

If there was a large copy (or append) into the folder which was not finished, those files could be created.  The email files are created first, then the index and cache are updated afterwards.  If the server crashes, or Cyrus is shut down, then the command doesn't complete - but the program isn't there to clean up after itself.

Regards,

Bron.