Patch for adding tls_honor_cipher_order

Kristian Kræmmer Nielsen jkkn at jkkn.dk
Fri Oct 17 08:48:31 EDT 2014

Hi,

"already" - I see you just added it ;-)

But really great Jeroen for implementing these - thanks.

Just a few comments - I see you also added tls_compression - maybe you
should consider also actually implementing it? ;-)

Also I would recommend logging a failure if a wrong tls_eccurve is
specified as I do - you may also want to use openssl's automatic method of
enabled the elliptic curve instead of prime256v1.

I would recommend that you change tls_versions to a negative list instead
of a possible list and thereby follow the nature of openssl and other
projects, eg. sendmail, apache. The reasoning for this is that you want to
disable old protocols but always automatically want to support newer
protocols. At the moment you have no control over possible newer protocols
which openssl support. They would with your patch be added anyway so the
list would only specify a subset of protocols actually known by cyrus
imap. E.g. if openssl starts to support e.g. tls1.3 that would actually be
supported in cyrus without any upgrade but be counterintuitive since it
would not have to be listed in tls_versions.

Turning it around also makes transitioning easier for administrators, so
they do not have to make sure to update their protocol list in Cyrus IMAP
upon updating e.g. OpenSSL. Hence the SSL_OP_NO-options are "no"-options.

/Kristian