cyrus-imap patching POODLE and another for adding perfect forward secrecy (PFS)

Kristian Kræmmer Nielsen jkkn at jkkn.dk
Thu Oct 16 13:22:20 EDT 2014

Hi Geoff,

I am basically not trying to take any stand on this. I just think it is
time for the users to be able to disable the older protocols if they want
to - as the old protocols are really no longer necessary for the wide
majority of clients - and that is the main reasoning by my patches.

Notice that is also way I leave it false (changing nothing) by default in
the patch.

For reference, you can see this for Ubuntu, they recommend total disabling
SSLv3:
http://askubuntu.com/questions/537196/how-do-i-patch-workaround-sslv3-poodle-vulnerability-cve-2014-3566
"Conclusion: disable SSLv3 for HTTPS now, disable SSLv3 for other services
in your next service window."

So, hope my patches get merged soon :)

/Kristian