delete and expunge delayed and delprune on replica?

gavin.gray at ed.ac.uk gavin.gray at ed.ac.uk
Tue Oct 7 05:20:38 EDT 2014

Hello there,

We run a murder with several backends each of which replicates to a slave.

Our understanding is that the if one is using delayed deletion and expunge
then any cyr_expire jobs must be run on both the master and the replicant
as the cyr_expire process is local to a backend regardless of whether
that backend is a master or a replicant.

In our case  we run

delprune      cmd="cyr_expire -D 30 -E 1 -X 4" at=0400 on every backend

However I think there is a lot of confusion over the details of all this
since 2.4.x

e.g. We don't really understand how the configuration option expunge_days:
7 affects cyr_expire

I'd also like to know what the details of the difference between running
cyr_expire with and without the -a option actually are.

If anyone can helpt to clarify all this then i at m dure many would
appreciate it,

thanks,

Gavin Gray

On Thu, 2 Oct 2014, Marcus Schopen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> in a master/slave setup I've activated delete_mode and expunge_mode on
> master and salve side.
>
> imapd.conf:
> delete_mode: delayed
> expunge_mode: delayed
>
> cyrus.conf:
> delprune	cmd="/usr/sbin/cyrus expire -E 1 -X 7 -D 7" at=0501
>
> Does is make sense to set delete and expunge mode to delayed and run
> delpune as an event on slave side too or should this only configured on
> master side and delete/expunge delayed and delprune configuration on
> master will also effect the replica?
>
> Ciao!
>
> ----
> To Unsubscribe:

Gavin Gray
Edinburgh University Information Services
Rm 2013 JCMB
Kings Buildings
Edinburgh
EH9 3JZ
UK
tel +44 (0)131 650 5987
email gavin.gray at ed.ac.uk

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.