NO Login failed: generic failure

Marc Fournier scrappy at hub.org
Wed Mar 26 16:14:37 EDT 2014

On Mar 26, 2014, at 12:54 , Marc Fournier <scrappy at hub.org> wrote:

> But, if it can’t open the db (or is that for a different db?), then how does it know that the first query works fine, but the second one is missing a column?  It has to open the db to do that … unless, again, the ‘Could not open’ is trying to open a different db?

I should have probably thought to mention this previously, and it might be irrelevant, but … mail delivery works fine … in /var/log/auth.log, I see:

Mar 26 19:50:02 xxx lmtpunix[2018]: sql auxprop plugin using sqlite engine
Mar 26 19:55:02 xxx lmtpunix[2845]: sql auxprop plugin using sqlite engine
Mar 26 20:00:05 xxx lmtpunix[3808]: sql auxprop plugin using sqlite engine
Mar 26 20:05:07 xxx lmtpunix[4537]: sql auxprop plugin using sqlite engine
Mar 26 20:10:02 xxx lmtpunix[12058]: sql auxprop plugin using sqlite engine

And there are no ‘Could not open db’ messages associated with that … since its not actually doing any queries against it, I don’t think this has any relevance, but figured it couldn’t hurt to include the information …