Cyrus Caldav Murder integration

Jean-Christophe Delaye Jean-Christophe.Delaye at eurecom.fr
Thu Jun 5 05:33:15 EDT 2014

Hi,

After successfully tested Cyrus IMAPD v2.4.17-caldav on a "stand-alone"
Cyrus IMAP server, I wonder how to integrate "CalDAV" features in our
running Imap systems.
We're currently using 2 murder hosts and 4 backend servers, running in a
cluster (Solaris) environment. Users mailboxes are distributed on 4
backends and I plan to offer caldendars to those users.

I understand that the CalDAV module will automatically create the
required calendars for a user the first time that the user authenticates
to the CalDAV server; but what's happen if mailboxes are located on
different backends ?

- Do I have to configure CalDAV server only on the murder agreggator hosts ?
- Is there (or in the future) such a proxy mode for http services (or
referrals like sieve) ?
- Or shall I consider using a "separate" Cyrus Caldav server acting as
stand-alone calendar server with LOCAL mailboxes containing ONLY CAL
information?

Of course I'd like to published only one calendar url for all.

Thanks.