murch at andrew.cmu.edu
Mon Jul 28 09:43:01 EDT 2014
We are pleased to announce the tenth beta release of Cyrus IMAP with
integrated calendaring and contacts. This release contains mostly small
CalDAV fixes/enhancements, but does include the following noteworthy
- DAV DB changes now occur in the mailbox API which means
that replication works for calendars and addressbooks.
- IMAP XFER is now based on replication.
- Added support for free/busy query URL to CalDAV.
- Authentication for GET/HEAD requests is now done on-demand so that
free/busy queries and/or calendar subscriptions can be done
anonymously (subject to ACL).
- Added support for VAVAILABILITY, VPOLL, RSCALE to CalDAV based on
current drafts (requires libical from git).
- Updated http_timezone.c to be compliant with current draft.
Many thanks go out to Fastmail for contributing the DAV DB changes and
other fixes back to CyrusIMAP.org. The CalDAV code in this release
forms the core of what Fastmail is now running in production.
This code is based on the stable Cyrus 2.4.17 release with support for
HTTP-based services (CalDAV, CardDAV, RSS, and Timezone) added. All of
the standard Cyrus IMAP daemons and utilities should be considered
production quality in this release, but the HTTP support is in late beta
You can download via HTTP or FTP:
Installation documentation will be found in doc/install-http.html in the
Upgrade documentation will be found in doc/install-upgrade.html in the
Thanks for your continued support, and we look forward to any and all
Principal Systems Software Engineer
Carnegie Mellon University
More information about the Info-cyrus