mail archiving -- large mail stores [mailpiler]

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Sat Feb 15 12:32:30 EST 2014

On Wed, 2014-02-05 at 06:35 +0100, mayak wrote:
> hi all,
> i just ran across this project: http://www.mailpiler.org
> is there an argument to do that, or just create an archive user in cyrus
> that  has a multi-multi gigabyte mail drop?

Thanks for the link, that looks very interesting;  but I'd just have
Postfix shove a copy of every passing message into the service.  Not
sure that Cyrus would play a role in archiving.

I have archived to Cyrus in the past but the mailboxes become truly
enormous rather quickly when accumulating all mail.  And Cyrus's
indexing services do not really seem up to indexing an entire year's
etc.. pile of mail.

Have you tried mailpiler yourself?

--
Adam Tauno Williams <mailto:awilliam at whitemice.org> GPG D95ED383