saslauthd and multiple dc levels

Willy Offermans Willy at Offermans.Rompen.nl
Tue Dec 23 09:47:28 EST 2014

Dear Gabriele and Cyrus friends,

On Tue, Dec 23, 2014 at 03:22:18PM +0100, Gabriele Bulfon wrote:
> Hi,
> I recently stumbled upon this issue, where I can't find a solution.
> Same cyrus/sasl server, serving multiple 2 level domains (dc=domain,dc=com).
> Sasl configuration is like:
> ldap_search_base: ou=People,dc=%2,dc=%1
> ldap_filter: uid=%u
> Enter a new domain, but this time it's a 3 level one (dc=dpt,dc=domain,dc=com).
> Sasl configuration should be like:
> ldap_search_base: ou=People,dc=%3,dc=%2,dc=%1
> ldap_filter: uid=%u
> How can I let saslauthd support both configurations?
> Google didn't find an answer to this, just a lot of confused discussions.
> Any help? :)
> Gabriele.

What happens if you set
<snip>
ldap_search_base: dc=%2,dc=%1
ldap_filter: uid=%u
</snip> ?

also set
<snip>
ldap_verbose: on
</snip>, to get more output.

Maybe you need to play with
<snip>
ldap_scope: sub
</snip>
as well.

All settings in your saslauthd.conf file

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,
With kind regards,

Wiel