idled vs. notifyd ?

Robert Norris robn at fastmail.fm
Fri Dec 12 20:22:33 EST 2014

On Sat, 13 Dec 2014, at 11:06 AM, Bron Gondwana wrote:
> That said, I'm very tempted to push at least calalarmd back into
> cyrus-master for 2.5. You don't need to enable it if you don't
> want it.

I think that's the right thing to do. Alarms are pretty important and
they're hard to implement outside of Cyrus.

> I've already pushed the dlist notify protocol back to master, since
> it's so much more robust.

Yeah, and much less fiddly.

I'm sort of thinking I might write a little demo notifyd/pusher-style
thing (not included in Cyrus) just to show how easy it is to do some of
this stuff. Maybe Christmas hacking :)

Rob N.