Verifying replication state

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Mon Aug 11 08:13:44 EDT 2014

We check via IMAP that the values at the ends are not different for everything we care about.  There are a range of reasons why the cyrus.index is different - it's not a binary sync.

I've attached the perl module we use and the script that drives it - it's not super-reusable right now, you need to strip all the FastMail specific crud - but it gives you an outline of a way to do it.

(we also tail the syslogs looking for errors - you can't wait until the weekly deep check if you want to catch errors quickly)

Bron.