Complete mailbox delete?

Dan White dwhite at olp.net
Sun Aug 10 09:18:52 EDT 2014

On 08/10/14 13:23 +0100, Charles Bradshaw wrote:
>I have used cyradm to delete some virtual domain mail boxes.
>
>cyradm lm now lists them as "DELETED" and
>my  /var/spool/imap/domain/s/somedomain.com/u/DELETED/user/ now contains
>copies of the deleted mail boxes.
>
>Assuming that the old user has no use for the contents, is it safe to
>just delete these?

cyr_expire will delete those for you, based on how long ago they were
deleted (-D option). Typically it's ran from /etc/cyrus.conf on a daily
basis. If you don't wish to use the delayed delete feature, you can set
'delete_mode' to 'immediate'.

>Supposing that all of the somedomain.com users are now gone can I just
>remove .../somedomain.com and all its sub directories?

Presumably if you remove all mailboxes from a virtual domain, you'll be
left with an empty hierarchy underneath your spool directory that should be
safe to delete, although it shouldn't be taking up much space. Depending on
configuration, you may have some lingering files underneath your
configdirectory hierarchy as well.

--
Dan White