Fileinto problem with sieve on a shared mailbox with altnamespace enabled

Nic Bernstein nic at onlight.com
Thu Apr 24 17:38:39 EDT 2014

On 04/21/2014 01:58 PM, Nic Bernstein wrote:
> Folks,
> I've just added a sieve script like this to file some automated messages
> into a specific client-related mailbox:
>
>      #
>      # Sieve script to put customer Rancid messages into specific client
> folders
>      #
>      require "fileinto";
>
>      if header :contains ["from"] "rancid at example.com" {
>        fileinto "tech.support.rancid-example-com";
>        stop;
>      }
>      if header :contains ["from"] "rancid at example.net" {
>        fileinto "tech.support.rancid-example-net";
>        stop;
>      }
>      ### End Script ###
>
> Our shared folder hierarchy looks like this:
>      tech (\HasChildren)
>      tech.support (\HasChildren)
>      tech.support.rancid-example-com (\HasNoChildren)
>      tech.support.rancid-example-net (\HasNoChildren)
>
> However, when sieve runs the script, I get this error:
>      Apr 21 12:13:27 ujiji cyrus/lmtpunix[18149]: sieve runtime error
> for  id \
>          <20140421171322.0BAB12955C6 at monitor>: Fileinto: Mailbox does not
> exist
>
> I suspect that altnamespace is the culprit, but if that's the case, what
> would the proper name for the destination mailbox be?  Would it be
> "Shared Folders.tech.support.rancid-example-com"?  Not sure what to do here.
>
> Thanks in advance for any and all help,
>      -nic

To follow up to my own message, for the benefit of future searchers, the
answer is "Yes, the proper target for sieve scripts for shared
mailboxes, when altnamespace is on, is to prepend whatever the
`*sharedprefix:*' value is." as in my example above.

Cheers,
     -nic

Nic Bernstein                             nic at onlight.com
Onlight llc.                              www.onlight.com
219 N. Milwaukee St., Ste. 2A	          v. 414.272.4477
Milwaukee, Wisconsin  53202		  f. 414.290.0335