imap cyrus

Gustavo Coelho tavo.coelho at accip.com.br
Fri Apr 18 16:49:06 EDT 2014

Hi folks,

i have installed cyrus-imap and i can not get it to work. I can authenticate against saslauthd and everything is working in such realm. But how do i tell it to read my users maildir ?

Below are some information:

0. My /etc/imapd.conf is:

# $OpenBSD: imapd.conf,v 1.4 2008/08/20 13:15:52 ajacoutot Exp $
# imapd.conf(5)

configdirectory: /var/imap
partition-default: /var/spool/imap
sievedir: /var/sieve
sendmail: /usr/sbin/sendmail
#admins:

sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd
sasl_mech_list: GSSAPI PLAIN
sasl_keytab: /var/imap/krb5.keytab
auth_mech: krb5
#force_sasl_client_mech:
allowplaintext: 1

# uncomment to use '/' instead of '.' as hierarchy separator character
#unixhierarchysep: 1

# uncomment to allow plaintext authentication
#allowplaintext: 1

# uncomment to convert the recipient address to lowercase
#lmtp_downcase_rcpt: 1

I am using qmail-ldap and i would like to integrate cyrus-imapd with qmail-ldap.
My users maildirs lies within /var/pop/$username. Inside it there is the "Inbox" maildir.

May someone here help me ?