Sieve Problem

Dr. Harry Knitter harry at knitter-edv-beratung.de
Thu Sep 19 04:02:27 EDT 2013

Hello,

I'm running Cyrus IMAP on a Debian wheezy machine with sieve.
Mails are filtered correctly.
However since some days I get an error when I try to connect via sieveshell:

Bad protocol from MANAGESIEVE server: EOL2

netstat gives me the following relevate outputs:

tcp        0      0 w.x.y.z:143         0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      0
40631       11677/cyrmaster
tcp        0      0 127.0.0.1:4190          0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN
0          40641       11677/cyrmaster
unix  2      [ ]         DGRAM                    40653    11713/timsieved

sieve is activated in cyrus.conf:

sieve           cmd="timsieved" listen="localhost:sieve" prefork=0
maxchild=100

in imapd.conf

sieveusehomedir: false
sievedir: /var/spool/sieve

permissions of $sievedir are cyrus:mail

Already having done al lot of searching I didn't find any hint what's wrong.

Thanks

Harry