cyrus-imapd-2.4.17-caldav-beta1 released

Nic Bernstein nic at onlight.com
Thu May 9 09:42:38 EDT 2013

On 05/09/2013 08:36 AM, Ken Murchison wrote:
> Nic,
>
> The doc/install-http.html file hopefully should tell you everything
> you need to know.  If not, let me know.

Ah, now I see it.  Couldn't see the tree for the forest. :)

> The server will automatically create a "Default" calendar and
> addressbook, for dumb clients like Lightning that can't create their
> own.  Otherwise, an admin can create additional collections just by
> creating a mailbox in the correct location.  We are toying with the
> idea of creating a webpage that allows the end-user to admin their
> collections (create, delete, rename, acl management) themselves for
> those not using smart clients like iCal.

This would be nice, if possible.  We've been working with Davical and,
more recently, OwnCloud, for ourselves and considering what to promote
to our clients (mostly Open Systems or Windows based) and each have
their short comings.  Davical seems pretty robust, but the management
GUI is not very friendly.  OwnCloud feels less robust, but is rapidly
developing (which brings its own share of "movign target" problems).
This is not meant to disparage either of these packages, but rather to
express  the challenges we see in bringing them to a broader audience.

Thanks again for your work!
     -nic

Nic Bernstein                             nic at onlight.com
Onlight, Inc.                             www.onlight.com
219 N. Milwaukee St., Suite 2a            v. 414.272.4477
Milwaukee, Wisconsin  53202