uppercase usernames

Joerg Maier joerg.maier at shove-it.de
Mon Mar 11 03:49:42 EDT 2013

Hi Dan,

Thanks for you suggestion!

Unfortunately, testing the solution i have in mind, i renamed and
finally deleted my one CamelCase testaccount. And now, when I try to
create a mailbox with CamelCase with cyradm, the default acls are set to
a user with lowercase username, and I am not able to set additional acls
to a user with CamelCase with sam.

I suppose that "username_tolower: 0" just does not does what I thiought
it did in the source installation.

The solution I want to use for my users now is:
- renaming user to lowercase in userdatabase
- renamin cyrus account with cyradm rename to lowercase
- creating a virtual forward rule, so postfix delivers the mail sent to
CamelCase address -> camelcase (and keep lmtp_downcase_rcpt: 0 and
username_tolower: 0 until last CamelCase adress is converted.

Thanks, Joerg