Simon Amor simon at leaky.org
Wed Jul 24 17:30:25 EDT 2013

Hi Stefan,

On 24 Jul 2013, at 22:13, "Stefan Schlörholz" <stefan at schloerholz.de> wrote:

> Hello Simon,
>
>> Did you try running "reconstruct -r -f ..."?
>
> I did try to run "reconstruct -r user.paul". The -f switch is not known/accepted by my cyradm.

Use the binary not the cyradm command.

Depending on the system, it could be somewhere like /usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/reconstruct

It's in the same place as imapd, lmtpd, and cyrus-master live (at least on CentOS) so you might be able to locate it using something like this command:

ps ax | grep cyrus-master
32268 ?        Ss     0:07 /usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/cyrus-master -d

The -f argument to reconstruct according to the man page:

Examine the filesystem underneath mailbox, adding all directories with a cyrus.header found there as new mailboxes. Useful for restoring mailboxes from backups.

Regards,

Simon
(a different one)
--