MDOSEQ per Mailbox setting

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Tue Jul 9 05:49:11 EDT 2013

On Tue, Jul 9, 2013, at 06:06 PM, lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de wrote:
> I see, thanks for explaining. But i found out that additionally most
> of the time the warning is followed by a "signaled to death" from
> master like this:
>
> Jul  8 07:39:04 mailer cyrus/imap[28235]: inefficient qresync (1364 >
> 1) user.xxxxxx
> Jul  8 07:39:04 mailer cyrus/master[23881]: process 28235 exited,
> signaled to death by 6
>
> This shouldn't happen, no?

Definitely not!

SIGABRT       6       Core    Abort signal from abort(3)

Don't suppose you have a core file that can give me a backtrace do you?

The only things that could "abort" there are memory allocation or
invalid sequence parsing (perhaps).

Also - can you enable telemetry for the user and give me the exact command
which is causing the abort?  You can enable telemetry by creating the directory
$confdir/log/$username (i.e. /var/imap/log/brong - I think, it's a while since
I did any distro-standard work) and making sure that the directory is owned by
user 'cyrus'.  It also only works for NEW connections, so you'll need to create
a new connection before it logs anything.

Regards,

Bron.

--
  Bron Gondwana