MDOSEQ per Mailbox setting

lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de
Mon Jul 8 10:53:28 EDT 2013

Zitat von Bron Gondwana <brong at fastmail.fm>:

> On Thu, Jul 4, 2013, at 08:13 PM, lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de wrote:
>> "Cyrus support QRESYNC but do not enable per mailbox MODSEQ by
>> default. Enabling this on these servers will greatly improve
>> performance."
>>
>> But i failed to see how configure MODSEQ in Cyrus. Any pointers for
>> this one?
>
> That was true of Cyrus 2.3.  Cyrus 2.4 has MODSEQ enabled for all mailboxes.
>
> You can't even turn it off!  It's embedded into all sorts of logic now.
>
> Bron.

Ok, so i can tell the wiki maintainer that the information should
mention that this only applies to Cyrus <2.4.

One more related question:

I have got this warning in the logfile which also pointing to MODSEQ
problems, no?

"Jul  8 16:40:19 mailer cyrus/imap[32155]: inefficient qresync (1472 >
1) user.xxxxxx"

 From what i have read here
http://git.kolabsys.com/cyrus-imapd.git/commit/?id=e3f72960b1349f1dffea0160d7bc7478f429cc54 it looks like syncronisation based on MODSEQ does not work as expected for this client? Any idea where to debug or what the actual problem could be. The warning appears on any sync attempt as far as i can
tell.

Regards

Andreas