Restrict access to a single client device

Dale J Chatham dale.chatham at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 14:50:55 EST 2013

You use SMTP authentication through postfix or sendmail.  Google [ mail
authentication relay   ] and you should find lots of howtos.

I'm setting it up to use a sasldb to authenticate external users in
order to keep them apart from UNIX users.  Be very certain that you use
STARTTLS or some form of authentication for email.  Also, if you're
allowing internet access to e-mail, you'll want to use imaps or https.