Authentication 'realm' problem SOLVED

Charles Bradshaw brad at bradcan.homelinux.com
Wed Jan 23 09:23:47 EST 2013

I am now able to connect using imtest and authenticate using sasldb2 from both
localhost and elsewhere.

1 - In imapd.conf insert the line: "virtdomains: userid".
2 - In the imtest command use: -a user at mydomain

NOTE
imtest -a user -r mydomain does NOT work.
I have to remove the defaultdomain: line from imapd.conf otherwise imtest from
another host fails.

In the above mydomain has absolutly nothing to do with network domains. It is
simply an additional grouping identifier "REALM" to be used in the auth
database lookup process. For example:

[root at imap-host ~]# saslpasswd2 -c test -u administration
and
[user at other-host ~]$ imtest -a test at administration imap-host
Authenticates just fine.

Charles Bradshaw

On: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 17:47:53 +0000, Charles Bradshaw wrote