sync_server refused connection

John cyrus at jelmail.com
Sat Jan 12 16:08:45 EST 2013

Hello,

I am just trying to set up replication for the first time. I have
followed the instructions here:

http://cyrusimap.web.cmu.edu/docs/cyrus-imapd/2.4.6/install-replication.php

I have the replica up and running and it has syncserver running on it.

However when I try to connect using sync_client I get a connection refused.

To try and rule out ex-host issues I have tried a telnet from the
replica machine.

This also results in connection refused. I would appreciate any pointers
as I don't know where to look.

My config in cyrus.conf is as per the instructions (except the path to
sync_server was slightly different):

syncserver       cmd="/usr/lib/cyrus/bin/sync_server" listen="csync"

When I telnet:
# telnet localhost csync
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
Connection closed by foreign host.
[root at replica ~]#

Jan 12 21:04:57 replica syncserver[392]: executed
Jan 12 21:04:58 replica syncserver[392]: refused connection from 127.0.0.1

I have spent ages looking to see if I can get more verbose output, or
others' explanations of setting up replication but I have drawn a blank.
I'd really appreciate a few pointers...

Thanks in advance.