problem with one user after a crash

David Lang David_Lang at Intuit.com
Thu Jan 10 16:23:19 EST 2013

On Thu, 10 Jan 2013, Andrew Morgan wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Jan 2013, David Lang wrote:
>
>> I has my home mail server crash, and after the crash, one user (me) is
>> unable to
>> acess any folders.
>>
>> When I manually telnet to the IMAP port, I can login, I can list and run
>> other
>> commands, but as soon as I do a select of any folder (mine or any other
>> shared
>> folder) I get disconnected.
>>
>> Other users have no problems accessing the same folder.
>>
>> This is with Cyrus 2.2 on Ubuntu (I need to upgrade, but have not had the
>> time
>> to do so yet)
>>
>> Any suggestions on what may be wrong and how to diagnose this?
>
> Check your syslog files, whichever one Cyrus is logging to.  I suspect you'll
> see something related to your "seen" file.
>
> A corrupt seen file could be causing your problem.  Seen files are stored in
> {$configdir}/user/prefix/username.seen.  My seen file is:
>
>  /var/spool/cyrus/config/user/m/morgan.seen
>
> If it is corrupt, you may be able to repair it.  Seen files have been stored
> by default in Skiplist format for quite a while.  You can google get
> "skiplist.py", a script to fix corrupted Skiplist files, from:
>
>  http://oss.netfarm.it/python-cyrus.php
>
> Hope this helps!

nothing useful shows up in the logs

Jan 10 13:19:12 asgard cyrus/imap[22884]: login: localhost [127.0.0.1] dlang at lang.hm plaintext Userlogged in
Jan 10 13:19:47 asgard master[1220]: process 22884 exited, signaled to death by 7
Jan 10 13:19:47 asgard master[1220]: service imap pid 22884 in BUSY state: terminated abnormally