cyrus + Active directories authentication query

jayesh shinde jayesh.shinde at netcore.co.in
Thu Jan 3 04:07:21 EST 2013

Hi all ,

I am trying to configure the cyrus + Active directories authentication.
I have cyrus-imapd-2.4.6-5  and  Active Directory 2003 & 2010

The  mailbox in cyrus  is in format of  firstname.lastname at domain.com
But the problem is attributes  of Active directories like
sAMAccountName:  userPrincipalName: & mail: are different ( not same )

Example :--

mail: jayesh.shinde at domain.com
sAMAccountName: 10030
userPrincipalName: jshinde at domain.com

Cyrus mailbox :-- jayesh.shinde at domain.com

Requirement is :--
------------------------
  I want to do auth by "sAMAccountName" name , this  sAMAccountName is
use for  Windows desktop login.
  And I want to keep same login & password credential for both windows +
email login

  When I am trying do login with  pop3/ imap  with above
"sAMAccountName" of active directory  , then I am not able to login. It
gets fail.

Where as if  I use "mail:" attribute of Active directory then I am able
to login with  pop3 / imap  and able to all normal activity.

1) Is any one come across such scenario or requirement , if yes how its
getting manage ?
2) Is there any way or workaround by which I can do sucessfull login
with "sAMAccountName" and get login in "Cyrus mailbox"  ? ( which is
mention in above example)

Please suggest

Regards
Jayesh Shinde