Login with an alias ID

Dale J Chatham dale.chatham at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 12:10:03 EST 2013

This is similar to what I want to do, I think.

I want to disconnect account names (LDAP, NIS, /etc/passwd, ...) from
the process so I don't have to worry about some user changing their
login ID to something idiotic and grant access to the machine. Yes, can
do with the shell entry, but really want the separation.

--
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. -Benjamin Franklin

The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear
arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in
government. -Thomas Jefferson

The Constitution shall never be construed….to prevent the people of the
United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.
-Samuel Adams