domain mode mailbox aliasing

Gabriele Bulfon gbulfon at sonicle.com
Mon Feb 18 09:35:38 EST 2013

Hi,
I recently reimplemented cyrus+postfix+ldap in multi domain mode, and everything works fine.
I found my self needing to convert a situation where a dom1.com is same as dom2.com,
and every user in 1st domain are actually the same users of 2nd domain.
On postfix, I can manage this with virtual aliases.
On ldap, I could manage common authentication through relay / rwm, so that user at dom1.com
can still authenticate as user at dom2.com, with same password (and this works for any service
trying to authenticate on ldap).
Being cyrus authentication routed through saslauthd+ldap, I can authenticate on imap both
as user at dom1.com and user at dom2.com, but then cyrus look for a different mailbox as it doesn't
actually know the two domains are the same one.
Is there any way to instruct cyrus to treat dom2.com as dom1.com?
Thanx for any help.
Gabriele.