Single sign on with NT Login

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Thu Feb 14 08:32:57 EST 2013

On Thu, 2013-02-14 at 11:57 +0530, Ram wrote:
> I need to implement NT Login such a way that if a user is logged in to
> the desktop , he is also automatically logged in to the email server (
> when using outlook / thunderbird etc)
> I need to replicate how outlook works with Exchange. The users may use
> windows login from any desktop and he is auto logged in to his own email
> account

This is primarily a client support issue and an issue of how your domain
is configured.

If you really are using an NT4 domain then you may be able to get NTLM
authentication to work; at least with Outlook.  That can provide
single-sign on.

Aside: if you are really using an NT4 domain - upgrade, yesterday.

If you are using an Active Directory domain then use Kerberos / GSSAPI.
This would work, no problem.  Kerberos rocks!

--
Adam Tauno Williams  GPG D95ED383