Cyrus 2.5

Greg Banks gnb at fastmail.fm
Tue Feb 12 20:45:44 EST 2013

On Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 11:04 PM, Bron Gondwana wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 07:06 PM, Pepe Charli wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> >  Is there any estimate about when we can expect cyrus 2.5?
>
> Soon, honestly.  We keep getting caught up with other things.
>
> >  Will it include the search engine based on Xapian?
>
> Probably not.

Definitely not.  The Xapian support is based on a large lump of work
which adds a completely new message_t object API.  This is far too large
a change to be pushing into 2.5 at this stage.  This is how far ahead
the fastmail branch is relative to cmu/master:

Also, we want to get some more operational experience with Xapian before
inflicting it on other folks.  If you're adventurous the code is out
there at https://github.com/gnb/cyrus-imapd/tree/fastmail

>   It's time to draw a line in the sand and throw 2.5 over
> the fence,

Absolutely.

> Hopefully I can talk to Greg about those next week when he's back in
> the office, and we can get the couple of other fixes he's had sitting
> around into the tree.
>
> Then it's just documentation time!

Bron and I are spending this week actively scavenging changes which can
be pushed into 2.5 from our various branches.

--
Greg.