Need guidelines on how to migrate a Cyrus-Imapd server

Thibault Le Meur Thibault.LeMeur at supelec.fr
Mon Feb 4 09:01:31 EST 2013

Le 01/02/2013 17:03, Thibault Le Meur a écrit :
> Thanks for the hints,
>
> I'll go the rsync way then... pity I would have loved to understand what
> kind of file is to be fed to the "sync_client -u -f" command, in order
> to give it a try..

Replying to myself,

According to an old thread
(http://lists.andrew.cmu.edu/pipermail/info-cyrus/2007-September/026772.html),
the file format is:

USER "$username"
USER "$username2"

It is also confirmed that the only way to have singleinstancestore
preserved is to run the sync_client with the "-f" option so that all
synchs are done in the same run.

However it seems that the cache which is used to detect the duplicates
is rather low (UUID cache on the server side: 1000) so that single
intance deduplication may not be very efficient.

Unless this has changed, I agree that the best way to initialize the
replica is to use rsync and then convert the databases. I'll give it a try.

Regards,
Thibault