Postfix + Cyrus Sasl problem

Dan White dwhite at olp.net
Wed Dec 18 16:41:47 EST 2013

On 12/18/13 16:25 -0500, Eric Abreu Alamo wrote:
> Hello all:
>
>Recently I have been trying to install and configure Postfix + Cyrus +
>Sasl auth (with smtp auth) and i found the following problem. I have
>installed and configured Cyrus, Postfix and Sasl, and everything is right
>until smtp auth. When I edit the /etc/default/saslauthd file and I change
>the line OPTIONS="-c -m /var/run/saslauthd" by OPTIONS="-c -m
>/var/spool/postfix/var/run/saslauthd" where postfix chroot directory is,
>and i run dpkg-stateoverride with 750, 7 for root user owner and 5 sasl
>group, I restart those services and after do that, I got the smtp auth but
>Cyrus authentication service fail, then I can't to access through imap
>service. Somebody have configured those daemons before? Im using Ubuntu
>12.04 LTS OS.

You can modify the path that cyrus imapd uses, assuming that is has
appropriate file permissions to do so, with (in /etc/imapd.conf):

sasl_saslauthd_path: /var/spool/postfix/var/run/saslauthd/mux

although it may make more since to just unchroot your smtpd process(es)
within /etc/postfix/master.cf.

Another option is to run two saslauthd instances, one using the default mux
path, and the second underneath the postfix chroot.

--
Dan White